Length: 3 days (5 hours/day)
Prerequisites: Completed SOLIDWORKS Essentials and at least 1 month using software.
Description: The DriveWorks Professional training will provide you with the tools necessary to automate model creation and document outputs from SOLIDWORKS. You will learn how to work with Excel Functions and Formulas to generate design rules, which will in turn control these outputs.
You will also learn how to generate custom input forms, that can be used by sales staff and engineers in your company to generate quotes or designs with ease.
Topics covered in this course:
Day 1 – DriveWorks Basics
- Lesson 1 - Creating a Group and Capturing Models
- Lesson 2 - Building a User Interface in DriveWorks Administrator
- Lesson 3 - Building Rules
- Lesson 4 - Running your Project
- Lesson 5 - File Name and Relative Path Rules
- Lesson 6 - Static Replacement Files
Day 2 – DriveWorks Basics Continued
- Lesson 7 - Tables
- Lesson 8 - Form Navigation
- Lesson 9 - Dynamic Replacement Files
- Lesson 10 - Documents
- Lesson 11 – Drawings
Day 3 – Optional (DriveWorks Advanced Material or Customer-specific Project)
The third day is set up to be flexible for attendees of all levels. Attendees looking for more of a challenge can work on advanced concepts/controls, while those looking to practice what they have learned so far can start a small project using their own company products and work through it with the instructor's assistance.
Training manual/material for the advanced section is provided for students to take home regardless of which option they choose to follow.
- Lesson 1 - Advanced Form Controls
- Lesson 2 - Specification Control
- Lesson 3 - Linking to External Data
- Lesson 4 - Rollup Data Tables
- Lesson 5 - Hierarchical Properties
- Lesson 6 - Macro Buttons
- Lesson 7 - Generation Tasks
Items included with course (to be sent to the shipping address provided):
SOLIDWORKS training manual & headset*
*headset is provided for first time online training students